Wholemeal loaf with pesto, ham, cheese, basil, sun-dried tomatoes or plum tomatoes.
Ingredients – Dough:
- 320ml Water
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 260g Carrs Breadmaker Strong White Flour
- 260g Carrs Breadmaker Wholemeal Strong Flour
- 1¼ tsp Fast Action Dried Yeast
- 75g Pesto
- 10 slices of ham
- 400g cheese (a mixture of cheddar, parmesan or any leftovers that need using up) grated
- 2 handfuls of fresh basil
- 75g sun-dried tomatoes or plum tomatoes
- 50g olives halved
- 50ml extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 15g Sunflower Seeds
- 15g Pine Nuts
- Place ingredients in bread pan in order given and set to ‘DOUGH’ programme.
- When dough is ready, turn onto lightly floured surface and knead lightly, then roll into a long strip approximately 39″ x 8″ (1m x 20cm) and ½“ (1cm) thick.
- Spread filling down the centre- a layer of pesto then the ham, cheese, olives, basil and tomatoes. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Pull the dough over the filling so it forms a ‘cannelloni’ shape. Bring one end round to the other so that they join up and pinch and pat the two ends together firmly to form a doughnut-shaped loaf.
- Transfer to a flour-dusted baking tray and top with seed mix.
- Cover with a tea towel and leave in warm place until doubled in size (15-20 minutes).
- Bake at 180°C/350F/Gas 4 for 35 minutes until golden.