Marmalade and Stilton Loaf made with Carrs Breadmaker Strong White Flour, Strong Brown Flour, Seville Orange Marmalade and Stilton
- 250g Carrs Breadmaker Strong White Flour
- 250g Carrs Breadmaker Strong Brown Flour
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp milk powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp thick cut Seville orange marmalade
- 100g white Stilton, crumbled
- 1 tsp fast action dried yeast
- 325ml water
METHOD By bread machine:
Follow the manufacturers’ instructions regarding the order of liquid/dry ingredients, and set your machine to the normal/basic setting, large loaf, medium crust.
Method By hand:
- Put the flour into a large bowl, add the butter and rub in with the fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add the milk powder, salt, marmalade, cheese and yeast.
- Gradually mix in warm water to make a soft dough.
- Knead well on a lightly floured surface for about 10 minutes until smooth and elastic then place it back in the bowl, cover loosely with lightly oiled polythene. Leave the dough in a warm place for about an hour to rise.
- Tip the dough out onto a lightly floured surface, knead well, place in a greased 1½lb loaf tin and cover loosely with lightly oiled polythene. Leave the dough in a warm place for about half an hour.
- Remove cling film, sprinkle with flour and bake in a preheated oven 200°C (400F), gas mark 6 for 30-40 minutes.