Chocolate Caramel Bread made with Carrs Breadmaker Strong White Flour, Butter, Sour Cream and Snickers or Milky Way Bars
- 500g Carrs Breadmaker Strong White Flour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp fast action dried yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 20g butter, cubed
- 150ml sour cream
- 70ml water
- 1 egg
- 16 fun-size Snickers or Milky Way bars (for Step 3 below)
- 1 egg white
- 1 tbsp water
Directions: Bread Machine
- Follow the manufacturers’ instructions regarding the order of liquid/dry ingredients, and set your machine to the dough/pizza setting.
- When cycle is complete, remove dough from machine onto a floured work surface. Punch the dough down and place on a greased baking sheet, roll out into a 16” x 10” rectangle.
- Place 16 chocolate bars lengthwise in two rows down the centre third of the rectangle.
- On each long side, cut 1” wide strips into the centre to within ½” of the chocolate bars. Starting at one end, fold alternating strips at an angle across chocolate bars. Pinch the ends to seal and tuck under.
- Cover and let rise until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Beat egg white and water; brush over plaits.
- Bake at 190°C, 375°F, Gas 5 for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from baking sheet and cool on a wire rack.