Carrs Luxury Loaf made with Carrs Breadmaker Strong Brown Flour, Strong White Flour, Wholemeal Flour, Oatmeal, Sesame Seeds and Sunflower Seeds
- 150g Carrs Breadmaker Strong Brown Flour
- 150g Carrs Breadmaker Strong White Flour
- 150g Carrs Breadmaker Wholemeal Flour
- 20g Lard
- 35g Medium Oatmeal
- 20g Sesame Seeds
- 20g Sunflower Seeds
- 1 tsp Fast Action Dried Yeast
- 1½tsp Salt
- 110ml Milk
- 220ml Warm Water
Method: Bread Machine
- Carrs Luxury loaf Place all ingredients into the pan by following the manufacturers’ instructions regarding the order of liquid/dry ingredients.
- Set your machine to the basic/normal setting, large loaf, medium crust.
Method: Hand Bake
- Put the flours into a large bowl, add the lard and rub in with the fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add the oatmeal, seeds, salt and yeast. Mix together warm water and milk. Gradually add the liquid to the dry ingredients to make a soft dough.
- Knead well on a lightly floured surface for about 10 minutes until smooth and elastic then place it back in the bowl, cover loosely with lightly oiled cling film. Leave the dough in a warm place for about an hour to rise.
- Tip the dough out onto a lightly floured surface, knead well, place in a greased 1½lb loaf tin and cover loosely with lightly oiled cling film. Leave the dough in a warm place for about 25 minutes.
- Remove cling film and bake in a preheated oven 210°C (400F, gas mark 6) for 25 minutes.