Biskie’s (a mix between a biscuit and cookie) made with Strong White Flour
- 600g Strong White Flour
- 150g lard
- good teaspoon of salt,
- 1 1/2 tsp dried yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- Luke warm water to mix
- Mix all dry ingredients. Rub in lard. Mix with knife to soft dough.
- Knead well. Leave to rise until at least double in size.
- Knock down and divide into 18-20 pieces.
- Knead and shape each piece into a circle, roll out and flatten.
- Put on flat baking tray to rise again until double.
- Bake at 230oC (Fan 210oC, Gas Mark 8) for approx. 15 mins until lightly brown.
- Remove from oven (they should sound hollow when tapped on the bottom). Allow to cool on a wire rack. (If you like a soft crust, cover with a damp cloth until cool.)
Slather with butter and enjoy!!
Recipe provided by Maureen Barlow.