Barmy Barrow Bread made with Carrs Breadmaker Wholemeal Flour, Cheddar Cheese, Sundried Tomatoes, Garlic, Oregano and Mustard Seeds
- 375ml Water & 1 Egg, mixed
- 500g Wholemeal Flour
- 2 tbsp Sunflower Oil
- 2 tbsp Skimmed Milk Powder
- 1 tbsp Raw Cane Sugar
- 1½ tsp Sea Salt
- 2 tsp Fast Action Dried Yeast
- 30g Cheddar Cheese, grated
- 20g Cheddar Cheese, sprinkled over loaf
- 4 Sundried Tomatoes
- ½ Clove of Garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- ½ tsp Mustard Seeds, sprinkled over loaf
- Follow the manufacturers’ instructions regarding the order of liquid / dry ingredients, Leaving the cheese, garlic, oregano and the mustard seeds until last.
- Set the machine to the basic / normal setting, medium crust.
- Sprinkle remaining mustard seeds and cheese over the loaf at the start of baking.
Recipe by Greengate Junior School – a finalist bread recipe of the Carrs Junior Breadmaking Competition.