Cranberry Nut Bagels made with Carrs Breadmaker Strong White Flour, Cinammon, Cranberries and Pecan Nuts
- 340ml water
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 60g oats
- 500g Carrs Breadmaker Strong White Flour
- 2 tsp fast action dried yeast
- 170g dried cranberries
- 60g pecans, chopped
- 2l water (for boiling)
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Follow the manufacturers’ instructions regarding the order of liquid/dry ingredients and set your machine to the pizza setting. When cycle is complete, remove the dough from machine onto a lightly floured work surface and allow to rest.
- Pre heat the oven to 190°C. Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil, reduce heat to medium and simmer.
- Divide the dough into nine even portions. Roll each portion into a ball. Push a lightly floured finger through the middle of the ball to create a hole pulling gently until the hole is around 5cm. Pat the ball gently to flatten.
- Place on the baking tray lightly sprinkled with flour, cover with oiled cling film and set aside for 10 minutes to rise.
- Remove cling film and add three of the bagels to the simmering water. Cook for 1 minute.
- Using a slotted spoon turn and cook for a further minute. Remove from the water and replace on the prepared baking tray. Repeat in two more batches.
- Combine brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over bagels. Place well apart on greased baking sheets.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack.